Imagine not only being able to learn but then use your expertise to help our customers succeed and stay safely on the road! NAPA’s Automotive Counter Sales Representative role is the ideal position for energetic people who have a passion for automotive parts, believe in taking care of the customer, and want to learn. As a Automotive Counter Sales Representative, you will learn to deliver exceptional NAPA Know How service to our Wholesale customers and help Retail Customers with their auto parts questions, do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs. Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!What we need from you: Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this
position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by
management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage
the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the
company mission and vision.
• Implements appropriate sales practices such as greeting customers, demonstrating product knowledge, and ability to quickly understand customer’s needs.
• Maintains customer satisfaction by serving all customers, securing right part, and resolving customer issues.
• Demonstrates professional attitude, conduct and appearance.
• Maintains POS computer abilities by learning and applying how to use catalog and system, practicing asset security/loss prevention controls, and understanding store’s pricing methods.
• Provides sales support functions by processing salespersons’ stock orders, reporting overages/shortages/damaged merchandise, and ensuring good appearance of store and displays.
• Participates in training as needed and required.
• Perform all other associated tasks as assigned by management.
- NAPA’s ideal Automotive Counter Sales Trainee will have strong Know How and experience of all things automotive, and will bring a passion for delivering customer care to the job every day. Requirements include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to train and learn. Ability to thrive and have fun in a busy, fast-paced retail environment.
- Minimum 18 years of age. Valid driver license AND/OR reliable transportation.
- Prior experience in the retail industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- High school diploma or GED. Able to work retail hours including weekends and holidays.
- Able to process cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of lifting and moving items of up to 45 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.