Jealous Fruits is the northernmost large scale cherry producer in North America. We grow premium cherries along the shores of Okanagan Lake in the renowned Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Our cherries are all hand packed in our state-of-the-art facility, located right on our farm, and shipped to our customers worldwide.
As a Packing Line Associate, you are responsible for operating specialized equipment (A&B plastic clamshell filler) to fill boxes with the correct weight of fruit, and labeling each carton.
$15.65 – 17 per hour, depending on experience
Duty on Job
- Help operate the specialized cherry packing equipment (A&B plastic clamshell filler)
- Monitor scale weight as cartons fill
- Assemble and pack cartons efficiently and consistently
- Alert supervisors and/or maintenance to abnormalities in machine operation
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Adhere to trained food-safe practices
Full-time – Contract Position
Contract Length: June – September
Expected Start Date: June 20, 2022
- Be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid Work Permit/Visa.
- Comfortable working up to 8 hours a day, 6 days a week (NOTE: job share options may be available to facilitate flexible work hours)
- Have reliable transport to get to work.
Our working environment is extremely challenging over a short period of time. Applicants should be aware that this is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our growing and packing season. Applicants should be aware that:
- Work days are not calendar based, but are dependent on crop maturity and weather
- The packing area is temperature controlled at ~ 10 C
- Be always aware of working area, as machinery and pallet jacks will be in operation around you.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds and nationalities.
- Great teamwork environment.
- Be available to work from late June until early September.
- Opportunities for learning new skills, advancement, and recurring summer work.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of being fully immunized against COVID-19 (two doses of Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine, plus 14 days after your second vaccination) before a start date can be set.