About the Company:
Durham Pentz Truck Center strives to serve our customers with excellence and care. We are committed to providing our customers with best-in-class results, individualized customer service and solutions-driven performance. We are innovative, responsive and driven by excellence in everything we do.
We will provide our customers with exceptional products, service and value. We are driven by a passion to be the best at everything we do; our name will be synonymous with quality and service. Our company is comprised of empowered, responsible and efficient employees dedicated to the success of our customers, our company and each other.
DPTC Technicians repair and maintain diesel engines used to power equipment such as buses, trucks, electric generators, and construction machinery, using hand tools, precision measuring instruments, and machine tools which are critical in diagnosing trouble, disassembling engines, and examining parts for defects and excessive wear.
Technicians also recondition and replace parts, such as pistons, bearings, gears, valves, and bushings, using engine lathes, boring machines, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments. May weld and cut parts, using arc-welding and flame cutting equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains a monthly efficiency percentage of a minimum of 88% by reducing time spent on non-billable hours and maximizing productivity.
· Accurate, thorough and brief write-up of work performed, including exceptions encountered while on the specific job.
· Ensure that customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient.
· Communicates to Service Manager (if SM is not available, communicate to GM) the Repair Orders (ROs) status, including obstacles that are outside the scope and times associated with the RO before continuing work for the customer. This will allow the SM or GM to contact the customer and get approval to proceed with the job.
· On weekends, must be willing and independently able to open and close ROs, supply technicians with parts and complete over the counter sales.
· Ensure that parts department activities are performed in accordance with company, vendor and customer policies and procedures.
· Successfully performs and completes all tasks and duties as assigned in a timely manner and willingly takes on additional requests that may be assigned based on business necessities.
· Must be willing to work extended hours, evenings and weekends, to achieve all goals, tasks and objectives as directed by the DPTC.
· Must have a clean DMV record and valid driver’s license as daily driving requirements are essential to this position.
Excellent communication skills.
Must be able to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
Must have strong interpersonal and exceptional customer service skills and always maintains a positive attitude.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of multiplexed electronic engine control systems.
Must have the ability to interpret customer’s needs by carefully listening and understanding their requirements.
Must have a professional, service oriented attitude at all times.
Must be able to multi-task effectively.
Must always be Safe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be able to work in confined spaces
Frequent standing and/or walking.
Frequent lifting of 1-50 lbs. and turn body, occasionally up to 75lbs.
Frequent bending, twisting, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping
Frequent use of both hands and arms: reaching, grasping, carrying and fine manipulation of tools and parts.
Frequent In/Out of Truck/Trailer (vertical steps 12″ and 20″) to cab. On/Off various parts of vehicles. Use of stairs.
Constant use of visual and hearing abilities required to perform essential job functions and maintain safety standards.
Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy and strength to successfully perform position.
How to Apply:
Email your details to email@example.com
22 Pepsi Way, Durham,