✅ Please Note:
As per Article 16.11, Regular Float/Vacation Relief Position. Rotation will vary according to line being covered. Where appropriate, a float pool employee may be required to perform work at more than one work site of the Employer.
✅ Detailed Overview:
Performs staffing duties including allocating and calling in relief staff to fill vacancies in accordance with applicable collective agreements; makes arrangements for relief staff by receiving calls and making any necessary calculations to determine availability of existing staff according to established procedures utilizing a computerized staff scheduling system; maintains timekeeping records for office staff utilizing a computerized payroll system and related records and documentation; performs clerical duties including typing technical and non-technical material utilizing applicable computer software applications, sets up and maintains filing systems.
- Makes arrangements for short term relief staffing by receiving notification from staff and the Program Clerks, recording calls and making any necessary calculations to determine availability of existing staff such as staff/patient ratios according to established procedures; contacts relief staff and forwards information to the clinical area; refers inquiries related to staffing issues to the Staffing Supervisor.
- Allocates and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions such as shift changes, vacation, leaves of absence and sick leaves by utilizing a computerized staff scheduling system, processing requests in accordance with applicable collective agreements, preparing revised relief staff schedules and forwarding to the applicable clinical area; maintains related records and documentation such as relief staff availability records.
- Provides staffing related information to departments including Payroll and WorkSafe BC for processing claims by compiling statistics from a computerized staff scheduling system, forwarding to the Staffing Supervisor for review and submitting to the department as requested.
- Maintains timekeeping records for the office staff utilizing a computerized payroll system and submits to payroll; liaises with the Payroll Department regarding inquiries and makes timekeeping adjustments, as required.
- Types technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, procedures, memorandums, reports and minutes by utilizing various computer software applications, transcribing from dictation and draft.
- Sets up and maintains filing system for material such as correspondence, personnel records, equipment and supply records by indexing binders, creating and labelling files and filing material as appropriate.
- Maintains office supplies by monitoring levels according to pre-determined levels, completing purchase requisition and forwarding to the Staffing Supervisor for approval.
- Compiles statistics related to Staffing Centre functions and relief staff as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
✅ Education and Experience:
Grade 12 and three (3) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
✅ Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to keyboard at 40 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
✅ How to Apply:
At Jobs Express, one can get their dream jobs very easily on their finger tips. The jobseekers on Jobs Express will not get only jobs that are based in India, but they can easily access the jobs that are posted globally. One can get jobs from countries like the USA, Canada and from continent like Europe and Asia also.