Who We Are
Bringing fresh global produce home. Celebrating over 160 years in business, we are one of North America’s top fresh produce sales and marketing companies. We bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 18 years and one of BC’s Top Employers, our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And, because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
Who You Are
We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in produce sales to complement our dynamic sales team. The Sales Representative establishes, maintains, and develops a customer base for each assigned product/territory while assisting the Sales Manager in the development and promotion of new product lines. They’ll ensure that product price and grower returns are maximized to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth, and build and maintains effective working relationships in a rapidly changing, high-pressure environment.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales professional. With accountability to the sales leadership team and collaborating with the category leadership team you will contribute dedicated team of professionals that love what they do. Come join a global team that is passionate about what they do and positioned for significant growth.
What You Will Do
- Proactively build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets. Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, and to resolve final pricing issues and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
- Collaborate with category and sales team members to proactively sell category product prior to the season via pre-programmed sales and work to maximize in season sales.
- Identify category business growth opportunities, value-added produce and service options, and delivery plans in accordance with agreed upon targets for regional retail, wholesale, and foodservice accounts.
What You Bring
- A Communication Maven. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments. You have a way of communicating that naturally builds open and positive relationships with all you come into contact with. Your communication is clear, concise and positively focused.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Experienced. You ideally have experience in retail purchasing, produce sales and marketing. You have high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you. Travelling for work excites you!
- Tech Savy. You know your way around Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
Why You Should Consider Us
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Also Read: Cashier Jobs in the USA, Apply Here