This position is for a software engineer in the Healthcare Digital Team in GE Healthcare, Bangalore. The person will Design, Develop & Deliver software for the Enterprise Digital Solutions products. Knowledge of healthcare standards like DICOM, HL7, IHE etc. are essential to work on these products. The person will be responsible for building software products with highest quality and in a timely manner.
• Work with engineering team on day-to-day development activities, participating in design and architecture discussions, design review, code review, and implementation.
• Work closely with product management & architecture in understanding requirements, design, architecture and own implementation of the features
• Develop and deliver quality application software on-time and on budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Crafting and building strong testing infrastructure to improve productivity
• Demonstrating Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a lookout for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
• Work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. This role requires extensive interfacing with the cross functional teams and multiple product teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)1- 6 years of experience in Software development.
• Experience in object-oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including Java.
• Familiarity with Design patterns.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies, technology, theories, and techniques.
• Good problem solving and analytical ability.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team player with experience in Agile.
• Experience in working with distributed global teams.
• Automated testing experience by using Junit and other testing framework
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as Perforce,
• Knowledge of Healthcare Domain with Understanding of Healthcare Standards such as DICOM, HL7, IHE etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality, Tools and/or LEAN processes.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com